The C.E.R.S. – Consortium of European Re-enactment Societies
was founded in 1997 with a twofold objective:
1. obtaining recognition of the Historical Re-enactment as stated in cultural expression and education by the European Community
2. supporting the local administrations for the preservation of tangible and intangible heritage and the promotion of this heritage as a resource for sustainable tourism.
Today the CERS, which has its official site in Venice, thanks its professional artists and historical groups works all around the world organizing:
- outdoor historical events
- cultural festivals (musical, theatrical, …)
- exhibitions and fairs
- indoor gala events
- opening ceremonies
- projects for developing new cultural routes within the “Tourism of Memory” sector.